Sunday, November 25, 2012

Happy Holidays!

Love the holidays! I am so in love with my little home when it's lit with twinkling lights and warm with candle light! I also love holiday treats! I bake almost every day during the season. Today we are making sugar cookies using my arctic shapes! Igloos, Eskimos, penguins, polar bears and snowflakes. I also made a tasty, savory treat for lunch today, ham & cheese pinwheels. There are a ton of variations for these but today I stuck with a simple recipe.

Here's what you'll need:
-1 package of refridgerated Crescent dough (I use Pillsbury, you can find it with triangle seams or without)
-6 to 8 slices of ham (I use Hormel Naturals lunch meat)
-6 slices of cheese (any kind you like, I used shredded cheddar today because I was out of Swiss slices, but do what you'd like)
-1 Tbsn of mustard (whatever you like, Dijon would be good, I used spicy brown because it's what I had. You could also use dressing, maybe ranch or honey mustard!)
-a sprinkling of sesame seeds

Directions:
-roll your dough out on a cutting board. If you have seams, press them together
-spread mustard evenly on the dough, I used a pastry brush
-place meat slices evenly over the dough, a little overlapping is fine
-place cheese over the meat
-sprinkle with sesame seeds
-spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray
-begin rolling the dough, (like a jelly roll), make sure you're rolling it as tight as possible, it'll make cutting it easier
-using a knife, begin cutting the roll into pinwheels, (about 1/2 inch thick slices)
-place cut side down on baking sheet
-bake at 375 for 12 minutes or until tips are brown
-let them cool for a few minutes so the melted cheese sets up just a bit, then enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment