Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day One Went Great!

Day one of the 2nd grade went well.  Scotty said he had an AWESOME day, he loved his teacher, loved his classroom and made lots of new friends, (although he couldn't seem to remember anyone's name, we'll work on that!).  He came home with a 'green', the teacher color codes the student's behavior.  Green=excellent, yellow=good, blue=no so good, red=problems, possibly an office referral or an email/call home.  We're hoping for no reds and very few yellows this year, although the teacher did say that she occasionally gives reds for excessive talking.  Upon hearing that Scotty looked at me with a great deal of concern and said, "Uh-oh".  He's had a few issues with talking in the past, but he comes by it naturally because I always got an "NI" on my report cards in elementary school for "needs improvement" on excessive talking.  Like my grandmother said, "I'd rather have a child that speaks their mind over one who just sits like a bump on a log".  He ain't no bump on a log, I'm certain of that!  The teacher also offers a reward system, earning a 'punch' on your card when your caught doing a good deed or being a great friend.  Scotty said he almost earned a punch for telling her that she was a really nice teacher on the way to lunch, she told him he was definitely getting a green for the day!  I've got a feeling he's gonna try that every day until he wears it out.  Here's a picture of him at his desk:


As a back to school surprise I made an Angry Birds pig toy out of felt for Scotty.  I stuffed it with cotton balls, as I was out of fiber fill that I would normally use, but it turned out cute and he had fun throwing it around.  It took about an hour & a half to construct, but I do sew the seams and decorations instead of just using fabric glue.  Let me know if you're interested in the directions and I'll be happy to send them to you.  Here's a picture of the pig below.
I made a Phineas & Ferb lunch for him today.  He loves the show and we found chicken noodle soup in the show's shapes.  He got a ham & cheese sandwich, soup, juice box and fruit.  I also made a Perry The Platypus hat cookie that isn't in the picture but it was cute.  Here's a picture of the sandwich:



I'm making a new Pinterest crock pot recipe for dinner tonight, Italian chicken.  It looks great and is all over the internet so I assume it's good.  Sounds easy enough.
Ingredients & directions:
-boneless, skinless chicken breasts (use what you need, it seems silly to make 6 for a couple of people, I'll use 4)
-one 8oz package of cream cheese
-one packet of dry, zesty Italian dressing mix
-one can of cream of chicken soup
-1/2 cup of water
Spray the crock pot with nonstick spray and place chicken breast in the bottom.  Cut the cream cheese up into cubes and toss over the chicken.  Mix Italian dressing packet with the water and soup and pour over the chicken & cheese. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.  (I should note that the recipe I am using says you can use frozen chicken breasts but I think I'm going to use fresh as I want the chicken to be seasoned well and I'm a little unsure if that would happen as well with frozen.)

Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment