Monday, August 27, 2012

Homework For 2nd Graders

Times have certainly changed. My 2nd grader came home with almost an hour worth of homework; daily oral language, math, reading, spelling and an 'all about me' project. Geez. I'm a stay at home mom & I thought it was a pain, can't even imagine how moms who work out of the home get everything done. I worked as a retail manager for over 10 years, but luckily Scotty wasn't in school yet. I'm sure I'd manage, but I think I'd go crazy.

Scotty told me that in class today he had to pick 4 words that describe him. He chose smart, kind, brave and handsome. If I had to add a 5th word it would certainly not be humble! He's so funny, though. I'd love to hear what the other children chose.

Scotty helped me make today's lunch. It's my favorite one so far. He named it the Dino-mite lunch, complete with a cheeseosaurus rex sandwich, Dino doody nuggets, cretaxyrhina carrots, (apparently that's a prehistoric shark), stegosaurus super juice and a Cretaceous cookie. I love that he's so creative and smart. The cookie turned out super cute, I used one of my cookie cutter, sugar cookie dough and decorating icing. It wasn't difficult, but it looks so good!

Dinner will be super easy tonight. It's Taco Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment