Friday, August 24, 2012

TGIF!

Last night I made a crock pot recipe that I found on Pinterest, my recent addiction.  If you haven't started using Pinterest, I strongly encourage you to do so. It has so many great ideas and recipes.  Anyway,  I found a recipe for Italian chicken with pasta and decided to try it.  It was amazing!  I posted the recipe on my blog post yesterday, go check it out.  It's a keeper, for sure!

Scotty had another awesome day at school yesterday.  He's especially excited today, as it is library day and he loves to read.  I'm really blessed to have a child that's so interested in learning and reading.  He makes me so proud!  He's a constant source of entertainment for me, as well.  This morning as we were driving to school I played Taylor Swift's new song 'We Are Never Getting Back Together', (I know I'm too old to love her music but I have to admit that this song is my current favorite!  Don't judge!).  Scotty said to me, "I should've played this song for Emmy.  I kept telling her that I was 'breaking up together' but she kept telling me that I was her boyfriend anyway!".  Wow, those 1st grade romances are tougher than I imagined and the girls are a little more aggressive then I would've thought!  A little backstory on Emmy, she sat at Scotty's table in the first grade and was quickly nicknamed 'the torublemaker' by him.  She's adorable, blond hair and big, brown eyes, but quite a little character who seemed to get into trouble every day.  Scotty came home on the first day and announced that he met 2 girlfriend's, Emmy being one of them, then came home on the second day and announced that Emmy was a troublemaker and he 'breaked up' with her.  Who knew that 1st graders had such serious relationship troubles?!?  At least I know that my son won't bring home just any 'ole girl.  He seems to spot the 'bad girls' right away, this brings me a great deal of comfort!  Here's a picture of the little heartbreaker on his 2nd day of school.
I made Scotty an 'Under The Sea' themed lunch today.  I love the octopus, or is it octopi?  He had fun helping me cut out the eyes with a straw and said that he's going to make Scott's lunch when he gets home today.  That should be interesting.  I'm sure he'd be the envy of all of coworkers with a lunch like this, right?!?
Tonight is Friday Family Movie Night.  Poor dad has to work, so it'll just be me & the little guy.  I've got Back To School themed sugar cookies to snack on.  We're going to make biscuit pizzas for dinner, (we usually have pizza on Fridays).  It's a fun activity for kids and super easy. 
Ingredients:
-1 can of Grands or jumbo sized biscuits
-1 cup of pizza sauce (you can make your own or just buy it, it's super cheap wither way)
-2 cups of shredded cheese & a little grated Parmesan cheese
-any topping you like, I use mini turkey pepperoni and green peppers on mine but I've also used sausage crumbles, ham, pineapple, etc.
Directions:
-use your hands or a rolling pin to thin out the biscuit and make it a little bigger, the thinner it is the crispier it will be.  Place on 2 greased cookie sheets.
-spread the sauce around on the dough but leave the edges dry (you'll want some 'crust')
-sprinkle cheese on top and then add your toppings
-bake at 375 degrees 10-15 minutes or until edges are browned and cheese is bubbly.
These are so much fun for the kids to make and everyone gets what they like.  We usually eat 2 per person.

Hope you all have an awesome weekend!  We're off to the aquarium tomorrow.  I'm sure we will also sneak in a little visit to Cupcake!  They always have cake pops on the weekends, they're Scotty's favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment