Monday, August 27, 2012

Soccer Season!

We had a fantastic weekend! I didn't cook dinner, as I was all alone on Saturday night and we ate out Sunday night at Panera Bread, (I LOVE the mac & cheese!). I did make a big breakfast on Saturday morning with pancakes, eggs & bacon. I tried to make triceratops pancakes with my metal cookie cutter but I forgot to spray it with nonstick spray first & it got stuck. I'll remember next time. I made small, round, babycakes instead.

We went to Dick's Sporting Goods and picked out Scotty's new soccer gear on Sunday. Practice starts on Thursday and his old cleats & shin guards were too small, (his foot has grown through 4 shoe sizes in 1 year, a 12.5 to a 2.5!). They've got a good deal going on right now, Umbro brand cleats, shin guards & soccer ball for $34. They look cool, too. You can choose blue or pink in all 3 products. I can't wait see how he plays this year, he told me he's serious this season & isn't going to goof off. We'll see.

We also practiced riding the big guy bike, no training wheels. It's frustrating for both of us. I think it's going to be a lot harder than I anticipated. Pray for us!

Today's lunch is Scooby Doo themed.  Scooby & friend's shaped pasta, a ham & cheese sandwich, fruit and Scooby graham cracker sticks.  I made this lunch after he went ot bed so he's going to be surprised.  I hope I can keep this up through the year. I told one of my friend's who asked that I have 110 cookie cutter shapes and I think there are 180 days of school so there will be some repeats.  He loves it and I think it's nice to have a fun little lunch in the middle of the day to reenergize him.


Tonight we are having buffalo chicken strips with potato wedges and celery.  I buy the Purdue Simply Smart frozen chicken strips lightly breaded and bake them according the the directions.  I make the buffalo sauce with 1/4 cup of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and a few tablespoons of Tabasco hot sauce, (melt the butter then add the hot sauce and bring to a boil, mixing it really well), then roll the cooked strips in the sauce.  It's so good. 

I'll end with a funny Scotty story.  He told me yesterday that he went to feed the ducks with Pappy and while he was walking he saw a wriggly worm on the road.  He said, "I put my face just 2 inches away from it.  Okay, maybe it was more like, 10.  I wanted to respect it's space".  What a little charachter he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment