Saturday, September 29, 2012

Angry Bird Birthday!

Today was Scotty's 8th birthday party. He had a great day at the climbing wall at James Island County Park with his friends. I can't believe how brave he was to climb all the way to the top of that 50ft wall! He chose an Angry Birds theme, and we went ALL out. I spent days creating the cake, (my first time making & molding marshmallow fondant), and sewing the red bird felt hand puppets. I've had very little sleep but it was worth it. He said it was the best birthday ever, (of course, he says that every year). We served all bird themed snacks. We made Angry Bird mix, with pretzel sticks, Angry Birds Cheez-Its & potato sticks. I drew bird & pig faces on clementines with a Sharpie marker. We also had bird food veggies, carrots & celery and piggy potato chips & dip. I made food label flags with construction paper, markers and wooden skewers. And if course, an Angry Birds themed cake with cupcakes. I used regular helium balloons and construction paper to create bird & pig balloons. The goodie bags were clear cellophane bags filled with Angry Birds stickers, pencils, Angry Bird fruit snacks & a swirly lollipop in an Angry Bird cup. I also made each child an felt hand puppet, (I was rethinking that decision at 3am last night when I was struggling to finish!). The kids loved it, so it was worth it. Don't think I'll be taking on so much next year, though! The kids had a blast climbing the walls. I can't believe how well they did! It is a great place to have a party if you're tired of the same ole' stuff. All of the info can be found on the ccprc.com site. Definately worth the cost and I think all the grown ups enjoyed it, too! Now I am in need of a lot of sleep! Gotta rest up for his actual birthday next Saturday! 20 more cupcakes to make for school on Friday and planning for his BIG birthday surprise next weekend...stay tuned, it's going to be awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment