Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Wonderful Long Weekend

We had a great weekend. No major plans or events but it was fun. Saturday morning we went over to Home Depot and participated in their free kid's workshop.  Scotty made a football goal.  After it was put together he went to pick out his paint colors, I thought he'd pick purple & gold, (ECU Pirates), or black & gold, (Appalachian Mountaineers).  He picked black and red, UGA colors!  Who would've thought?!?  He said that they were cousin Jenny's school colors.  Traitor.
The kid's workshop is great, they give them an apron and a pin, (different pin each time to collect on the apron), and all of the supplies needed to build the craft.  It's totally free and they have it in every Home Dept store on the first Saturday of each month from 9am-12pm.  So fun!

Scotty's lunch today was puppy themed.  I called it the 'Dog Gone Good Lunch'.  I found this idea on Pinterest, of course!  You cut a hot dog into 5 sections, one end will be the head and the other end will be the body, (the body section should be just a tad longer than the others), and the 3 remaining sections will be ears and legs. Cut the ear, and 2 legs sections in half lengthwise and assemble the dog with toothpicks.  I had to trim my toothpicks because they were a little too long.  I used a straw to cut out eyes & a nose and replaced the nose with a small bit of cheese.  It was cute.


I need to buy a waffle maker.  Scotty eats 2 plain Eggo waffles most mornings for breakfast with an egg and some apple juice.  I want to make my own so I can try to get some better nutrition into him in the morning.  I've had waffle makers in the past and they were garbage.  Any recommendations on a brand?

1 comment: