Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Thank You Isn't Enough

What a terrible, frightening day we experienced 11 years ago. I didn't sleep last night, I read an old copy of People magazine that we've kept all of these years and we knew so little just a couple of days after the attack. Everything was still so unsettled and scary. God bless everyone who gave that day and those who continue the fight today. I don't even have words to express my pride and gratitude, thank you just isn't enough.

I remember driving to work the next day and seeing a man hanging an American flag off of an overpass. I cried, I felt so much sadness for the victims and so much pride in my countrymen. It's sad that it took a national tragedy of that degree to being us all together, but what a wonderful feeling it was to see people connecting like we did. And I still feel it, 11 years later. I would challenge everyone to live and love like they did that first week of our 'new' life as Americans. We told our families we loved them more times than usual, we hugged them a little tighter than usual and we were a little more polite, patient and helpful than usual. If you pay attention today, everyone that talks about where they were seems to recall what a beautiful day it was. Let us try remember every day that way. It's so easy to get caught up in the 'stuff' that's thrown at us each day, and in dealing with the unpleasant things we tend to overlook all of the good things that are happening around us. There's far more going right than going wrong. I promise.

In honor of today, we packed a Patriot's lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment