Friday, September 14, 2012

Birthday Season

Man oh man, planning a party for my son is one heckuva task. We're always trying to find something different, we've been to pool parties, jump castle parties, museum parties, karate parties, Chuck E Cheese parties, Monkey Joes parties, bowling parties, etc. I find it difficult to pay large sums of money for the venue. It just seems crazy when kid's would be just as happy at a FREE park, but did I mention that you have to pay for a permit to have a party at a city park? I think we've decided on a climbing party at the county park's climbing wall with an Angry Birds theme. Trouble is, the dates we wanted aren't available, which mean it will have to be a week before his birthday, (and on Pappy's birthday), and Scott will only get 5ish hours of sleep after working all night before the party. Let's hope for the best! I've added a picture of Scotty climbing the wall on Saturday.

As an actually birthday gift, I think we might give him an experience, opposed to another toy. As any parent of a child would probably agree, there are WAY too many toys in this house. He's wanted to go to the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta for a while now to see the whale sharks. Scott & I want to go, too! I've been looking at hotels & I think the Embassy Suites at Centennial Park may be the way to go. Any friends from Atlanta have advice on this?

Monday's lunch is another ocean theme, hot dog jellyfish & dolphin cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment